General Questions about Cloud Hosting for PostgreSQL
01. What service do you provide?
- What we provide is a fully managed PostgreSQL hosting. Our PostgreSQL hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your cloud PostgreSQL hosting?
- It is our quick evolving hosting solution for PostgreSQL. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What is hosting in SQL Server?
- SQL server hosting allows you to manage your RDMS (Relational Database Management System) by means of SQL. SQL is known for being simple to use and allows you to retrieve data from databases, edit existing data, create new data, execute queries and delete data.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
- Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports administrative functions for PostgreSQL, including FTPS server, monitoring metrics, and Shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
- We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email. If you didn't find answers in the frequently asked question list, feel free to contact us
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed PostgreSQL hosting?
- Our philosophy is to provide managed hosting services for PostgreSQL with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. Where Can I deploy my applications?
- Currently, we have five data centers located in Dallas, Texas; Bend, Oregon; Charlotte, North Carolina; Denver, Colorado; and Kansas, City Missouri. When you order the PostgreSQL hosting, you can choose the location that is closer to your target audience.
Technical Questions about Cloud Hosting for PostgreSQL
01. What PostgreSQL version do you support?
- Currently, we support PostgreSQL 13.5 / 12.7 / 11.12 on our cloud hosting platform.
02. What extensions do you support in the cloud PostgreSQL?
- Many extensions, including PostGIS, dblink, and pgAgent, are available in the cloud PostgreSQL. To view more available extensions, please go to PostgreSQL Extensions.
03. Does your managed PostgreSQL hosting support SSL connection?
- Yes. The SSL connection is enabled by default for each newly created PostgreSQL on our cloud hosting platform for PostgreSQL.
04. Do you do backups for my online PostgreSQL database?
- Yes. Our Kubernetes platform takes backups regularly. The backup frequency varies by hosting plan. Please note that we implement weekly backup for applications that are in the 7-day free trial period.
05. Can I take backups of my PostgreSQL in your managed PostgreSQL hosting?
- Yes. You can back up your PostgreSQL via our hosting control panel and download them.
06. Do you have access limits to my PostgreSQL in the managed PostgreSQL hosting service?
- No. We do not set limits on your access to PostgreSQL.
07. How can I manage my PostgreSQL databases and users?
- You can manage users in the control panel in our cloud PostgreSQL hosting. For detailed steps, please refer to the documentation.
08. Is your cloud PostgreSQL hosting shared?
- No. Our fully managed PostgreSQL hosting on Kubernetes is based on standalone PostgreSQL instance.
09. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your cloud PostgreSQL hosting?
- We currently support the private cloud from our data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, Denver, and Kansas City. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
10. Can I monitor the resource usage on managed PostgreSQL hosting plans?
- Yes, our control panel supports real-time resource usage monitoring. Please refer to this guide article on how you can do it.
11. Do you support PostgreSQL Cluster?
- No. We support single-instance PostgreSQL deployment.
12. Do you provide postgres user for PostgreSQL?
- No, we do not provide the postgres user by default. However, clients can create super users in our client panel.
Sales Questions about Cloud Hosting for PostgreSQL
01. Can I try your cloud PostgreSQL hosting before payment?
- Yes. For each account, permitted concurrent free-trial deployments are up to 3.
02. What hosting plan should I start with?
- If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade it to a higher level when necessary. The plan upgrade can be done in one click. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my PostgreSQL online?
- The deployment on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
- Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
- Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services?
- In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue the PostgreSQL hosting after the free trial?
- If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront. If you need help on this, please refer to the link.
08. How can I get my free trial?
- To start a free trial, please go to the Pricing page and click the 'Free Trial' button at the end of your interested plan.
09. Can I end my trial and upgrade to a paid subscription?
- Of course. You can upgrade to the paid subscription at any time during the free trial. Thank you.
Billing Questions about Cloud Hosting for PostgreSQL
01. What currencies do you support?
- Currently, we accept payment in US Dollars only.
02. What payment methods do you support?
- Currently, we accept PayPal and credit card.
03. How can I get a lower price?
- You can get it by choosing a longer billing cycle. The longer the billing cycle is, the lower the price is.
04. How can I set an automatic payment via PayPal?
- Please refer to the guide article.
05. How can I change billing cycle?
- Please log in to your control panel and navigate to 'My Applications' to update your billing cycle.