General Questions for PostgreSQL Hosting
01. What service do you provide?
- What we provide is a fully managed PostgreSQL-as-a-Service hosting service. Our PostgreSQL hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your PostgreSQL-as-a-Service hosting platform?
- It is our quick evolving PostgreSQL hosting solution. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What does the fully managed hosting service mean?
- Fully managed PostgreSQL hosting means that all PostgreSQL online databases on our platform are completely managed by us, such as the application deployment, migration, backup, security and upgrade.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
- Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports PostgreSQL administrative functions, including database & user management, Firewall Rules, and Shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
- We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email.
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed PostgreSQL hosting service?
- Our philosophy is to provide managed PostgreSQL hosting services with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. How many data centers do you have?
- Currently, we have four data centers located in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver, allowing clients to deploy applications as close to their target audience as possible.
Technical Questions for PostgreSQL Hosting
01. What PostgreSQL version do you support?
- Currently, we support PostgreSQL 11.9 and PostgreSQL 12.0 on our cloud hosting platform.
02. Does your managed PostgreSQL support SSL connection?
- Yes. The SSL connection is enabled by default for each newly created PostgreSQL database on our cheap PostgreSQL hosting platform.
03. Do you do backups for my online PostgreSQL database?
- Yes. Our PostgreSQL Kubernetes platform takes backups for each database regularly. The backup frequency varies by hosting plan.
04. Can I take backups of my database in your cheap PostgreSQL hosting?
- Yes. You can back up the databases via our PostgreSQL hosting control panel and download them.
05. Do you have access limits to my PostgreSQL databases in the cheap PostgreSQL hosting service?
- No. We do not set limits on your access to the databases.
06. How can I manage my PostgreSQL databases and users?
- You can manage databases and users in the control panel in our cheap PostgreSQL hosting.
07. Do you support shared hosting in your cheap PostgreSQL hosting?
- No. Our fully managed PostgreSQL on Kubernetes is based on standalone PostgreSQL instance.
08. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your cheap PostgreSQL hosting?
- We currently support the private cloud from our four data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
09. How can I migrate my PostgreSQL database onto your platform?
- We support the standard PostgreSQL tool to restore your local backup onto our PostgreSQL’s Kubernetes-based platform.
10. Can I monitor the performance of my online PostgreSQL database?
- Yes. Our control panel supports real-time application performance monitoring.
11. Do you support PostgreSQL Cluster?
- No. We support single-instance PostgreSQL deployment.
12. Do you provide postgres user for online PostgreSQL?
- No, we do not provide the postgres user by default. However, clients can create super users in our client panel.
13. Can I set user permissions for PostgreSQL in the client panel?
- Yes. Clients can create users with different permissions. However, modifying user permissions is not supported.
Sales Questions for PostgreSQL Hosting
01. Can I try PostgreSQL hosting plans before payment?
- Yes. New clients can enjoy a free trial before payment.
02. What PostgreSQL hosting plan should I start with?
- If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade to a higher level when necessary. Our PostgreSQL hosting plan upgrade is very smooth here. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my PostgreSQL online?
- The deployment of a PostgreSQL on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
- Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
- Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services
- In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue my service after the free trial?
- If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront.
08. How many free trial deployments can I have?
- One free deployment is allowed at the same time during the trial.
09. How can I get my free trial?
- To start a free trial, please sign up at https://www.pgsclusters.com and click the "Free Trial" button at the end of your interested plan.
10. Can I end my trial and upgrade the plan?
- Of course. You can upgrade to the paid subscription at any time during the free trial. Thank you.
Billing Questions for PostgreSQL Hosting
01. What payment methods do you support?
- Currently, we accept PayPal and credit card.
02. How can I get a lower price?
- You can get it by choosing a longer billing cycle. The longer the billing cycle is, the lower the price is.
03. How can I set an automatic payment via PayPal?
- Please refer to the guide article.
04. How can I change billing cycle?
- Please log in to your control panel and navigate to 'My Applications' to update your billing cycle.